Alloy Wheel Refurbishment by AMS Body Repairs
With over 1,000 and counting, Alloy wheel refurbishment jobs completed, you can rest assured you will be serviced by the professionals – AMS Body Repairs, Coventry’s premier Accident Repair Centre.
How do you refurbish an alloy wheel?
A step-by-step guide on how we refurbish alloy wheel.
- Deflate the tyre to press the bead off.
- Mask the tyre off.
- Dual Action Sand (DA) the alloy (prepare the alloy).
- Any imperfections should be filled with ground aluminium powder & shaped using a sander to produce a flawless finish.
- Clean the alloy with degreaser.
- Primer the alloy and allow to dry.
- Colour match the alloy and paint, allow to dry.
- Apply clear coat lacquer.
Unlike others in the trade AMS Body Repairs ALWAYS repair and refurbish alloys wheels using ground aluminium filler. Filling the alloys with normal body filler will result in the filler dropping out to reveal the original imperfection.
All alloy wheel refurbishment/repairs carried out by AMS will be colour matched to original finish whereas most repairers will paint them standard silver, which will not match original manufacturer colour.
Prices start from £30.00 per alloy wheel depending on the damage.
< Back to Gallery